|Monday||9.30 - 11.00 am||Trumpington PavilionOff Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 9JF||1 / 2||12|
No class bank hol 22 Apr, 6 May
|Thursday||9.30 - 11.00 am||Trumpington PavilionOff Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 9JF||2||12|
Diane’s beginner yoga classes are always varied and interesting, teaching me a range of challenging asanas in a relaxed environment.Dan Slocombe
- Level 1-2 is open to all levels including new beginners
- Level 2 is for more experienced Iyengar yoga practitioners
- Weekday classes run as courses to limit class sizes and maximise progress
- Saturday workshops are booked individually, please see timetable above for dates
- 12 bookable spaces per course and workshop. Advance booking required
- Priority is given to students booking a course, drop-in is available space-permitting.
- New students please bring a signed Health Screen form to your first class
- £12 / 90 minute class when paid in advance for a full course only.
- £15 / 90 minute class drop-in rate.
- £12 / 90 minute class if signed up for one course and dropping in to extra classes.
- £20 / 2 hour Saturday workshop.
- Sorry no refunds for missed classes. However, option to come to another class in the same course as a ‘swap’ (excludes workshops)
- Concessions available if genuinely unable to pay the full fee.
Classes at Trumpington Pavilion
Diane has been teaching these friendly morning yoga classes, which are open to all ages and abilities, since 2010. Emphasis is on the well-being of the whole person, with safe effective work on posture, strength, flexibility, and deep relaxation. Classes are held in a lovely light space just off Trumpington Road. Some students like to get together for coffee after class and make a morning of it, yoga can be a great way to hang out with like minded folk and enjoy some time for yourself.
- Monday Level 1-2 All levels – new beginners very welcome
Mixed ability group, ideal for new beginners as well as those with years of experience. We study a wide variety of poses (asanas) which support the well-being of the whole person, improving strength, balance, and flexibility. We end each class with some welcome guided relaxation.
- Thursday Level 2 Improver (not suitable for complete beginners)
This class is suitable for experienced students who have been doing Iyengar Yoga for some time. We study a wider variety of asanas, spend longer on inversions (or alternatives if not doing) and explore asana and pranayama practice in more depth.
- Saturday workshops Level 1-2 All levels – some Iyengar yoga experience required
Regular Saturday morning workshops for an extra boost to your practice, see timetable above for dates. These workshops provide a little more time to explore Iyengar yoga in greater depth. Whilst each workshop may focus more on one particular group of asanas or ways of working, we always include a wide variety of asanas and of course relaxation. Two hours may seem daunting for some but you’ll be surprised how the time always flies by!
Workshop Cancellation Policy
Your space is reserved upon confirmation of booking. To cancel, please confirm at least 7 days before the workshop date. Cancellations 7 or more days before the workshop will not be charged and if paid in advance, the fee will be refunded. Cancellations less than 7 days before the workshop will incur the full fee and if paid in advance, the fee is non-refundable. A 7-day notice period allows time to re-advertise workshops and fill the space or to cancel the venue booking to relocate/cancel.
Diane is particularly good at tailoring her sessions to match her students, even when they are at different levels. I practised yoga for 8 years before coming to Diane and have learnt a great deal in time that I have been her student.
Was feeling old and creaky and am much improved by Diane’s fantastic yoga group. Am much more flexible and stronger too, it often feels like a real work out – I highly recommend it.
I began attending Eight yoga classes because of lower back problems. Thanks to Diane’s patient guidance, my flexibility has increased and my back problems have gone.